Subject: Re: Roll call
From: "Hans Pahlen" <hans@komvux.skola.mark.se>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 1997 17:30:44 +0100

Name: Hans Pahlen
Age: 49
Occupation: teacher (computers, networks, etc)
Family: married since 1976 with Marita, who is a journalist (radio since
1979), 2 daughters (18 and 20)
Lives outside Gothenburg, Sweden
Hobbies: Photography, Leica history, Computers, Homepage construction, cars,
computer chess programming, travelling (i.e. typical male...)

I was working as a freelance photographer when I met my wife. In those days,
we did many projects together, until I got a job as an industrial
photographer and she got a job at the radio. Then I became a school teacher
for a few years, until I got interested in computers and started working at
a computer consulting firm in Gothenburg. There I was doing everything from
courses in different user programs to network configuration. I was
travelling a lot, visiting different companies, but after a few years I felt
that I had too little time for my family. So, I got off the big time
computer consulting business and started a small local firm of my own in the
same trade plus photography. I also have a job teaching adult people how to
use computers at a local school.
I still do some photography for my wives stories, maybe there will be more
if she goes freelance, a project she has been considering lately. We all
reach a point in life when we want to do something else, I guess.

My first camera was a Pentax Spotmatic, and after that I moved up to a Nikon
F, and I still have that body in working order. I bought one of the first
CL:s, but as the shutter broke after a few weeks, I changed to a brand new
black chrome M4, later completed with a M2. I have used M2, M3, M4, M4P, M5
and M6 along with 21-28-35-50-65-90-135 mm lenses, most variants of them
too.
The reason why I have tried most variants of M-gear, is that I usually buy
gear I find at good prices, knowing that I will be able to sell/trade later
without much loss. In 25 years, there have been enough time to try out most
of it. For fun, I have also used Leica I, II, III, and IIIc with 35-50-90 mm
lenses. It is a nice feeling to discover how good these old things still
are! But right now, I dont have any SM.

I am presently using:
M2, M4 and 2 M6 bodies (one used, one brand new)
21/3,4-35/2,0 asph-35/2,0 (4th)-35/2,0(1st)-50/2,0(new)-50/2,0(rigid
1st)-Elmarit 90/2,8(1st)-M-Rokkor 90/4,0.
I also have some Nikon SLR:s, mostly for the automatic flash feature. But I
prefer my Leicas!
/Hans
Mail: hans.pahlen@mark.komvux.se
Mirror URL: http://home2.swipnet.se/~w-24872/