Subject: Re: maximizing photographic impact
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 1997 03:07:56 -0500

Harrison wrote:

<<<<There is an old saying in photography that is very important when
shooting for Impact:  "Less is More".  The less info you put in an image
the more it will impact a viewer. >>>>

Harrison, how true!

Sometimes I look at a shot after we are back and I can't repeat the words
online, as I berate myself simply because I didn't shoot it tight and keep
all the superfluous bits and pieces out.

Then there are times when it comes up on the screen and it's "BAM IN YOUR
FACE SIMPLICITY!" and just gorgeous! The true epitome of "less is more!"

And even after years of shooting, one must keep that in mind. If not, you
get a little slip shod and too many elements come into the scene and a
great shot becomes, "Oh hum!"

It's usually a tough thing for new folks to photography, as they generally
want to get everything into the frame, not realizing that it is some small
factor that is actually attracting their eye to the scene.

ted