Subject: Re: Mozart & AA
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 1997 12:51:01 -0600

At 01:22 AM, you wrote:

>too high, a good Pyro formula will hold it all together. I hear Steinway
>makes a great camera. But Yamaha is getting good press. When you take a
>picture with a Steinway, it goes "schnappens" and when you take a picture
>with a Yamaha, it goes "crick".

Unfortunately, as in piano playing, just taking pictures with a Leica makes
you no more a photographer than hacking on a Bechstein makes you a concert
pianist. It takes practice, practice, practice.

And my music background, violin for 19 years, sometimes concert master, has
helped me immeasurably with my photography. Learning how to translate
little ant-like scribbling on a page to something with feeling and
communication has engendered in my brain this desire, and somewhat of an
ability, to do that same visually. Take a subject out in front of me in 3D
and translate something to a flat piece of paper (or computer screen) that
sings!

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Is reading in the bathroom considered Multi-Tasking?