Subject: Re: roll call
From: Howard Sanner <70357.3471@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 1997 22:43:35 -0500

   Here goes. You asked for it! <g>

Name:             Howard Sanner
Age:              44
Marital status:   Single. Recently broke up with girlfriend of twelve years
Training:         Music. Thesis: a discography of Kirsten Flagstad
Profession:       Senior cataloger at the Library of Congress
Residence:        Washington, D.C., area.
Photo background: Cut my teeth on dad's Argus C3. Got a Nikkormat FTn with 50
                  & 135mm lenses in high school and used it as a newspaper &
                  yearbook photographer. Gradually added to Nikon outfit and
                  inherited some more Nikon gear when dad died. Since dad had
                  done darkroom work before I was born, I had all the
                  equipment I needed and I did a lot of developing and
                  printing back then. After his 1940s vintage enlarger went
                  to that great photo lab in the sky, my darkroom career
                  ended. I consider myself a very un-serious amateur. I
                  still have, use, and like my antique Nikons. I have no
                  interest in auto-anything cameras.
Leica equipment:  One M3, SS/ST/PV with 50mm f/2 DR Summicron, with eyes.
                  I bought this to cheer myself up after the breakup with my
                  girlfriend. It was about as successful at that as it has
                  been at turning me into another HCB. Otherwise I like it
                  just fine.
Other interests:  My abiding passion for most of my life has been collecting
                  old records, antique professional audio equipment, and
                  using the latter to make recordings. I also like antique
                  fountain pens, antique cars, and computer programming.