Subject: portrait lens
From: Howard Sanner <70357.3471@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 1997 23:55:30 -0500

   I'd like to get a lens for my M3 for taking portraits. IMHO, for this
application, the ultimate in sharpness and contrast is not always a virtue.
I've considered getting a pre-War 135mm f/4.5 Hektor and a screwmount to M
adaptor. The rationale would be that using it wide open and the lack of
coating would probably give a kind of softness to the image. In addition, by
getting it in LTM, I'll be able to use it when I get my IIIc. (Note I didn't
say "if." <g>)

   Comments? Alternative suggestions?

   Many thanks.

                                          Howard Sanner