Subject: Re: Getting serious - Adams
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 08:32:12 -0800

At 08:21 AM 10/29/97 -0500, you wrote:

>On the Photoforum mailing list, someone once asked for an example of a
>print featuring extreme solarization.  I innocently mentioned a famous
>photo from Adam's (The Black Sun).   My response seemes to touch a few raw
>nerves from other list members.
>
>It seems that Adam's work is not "PC".  I'm not really sure why.
>
>Dan C.

Probably because "they" tried, but could even begin to approach the vision,
presentation, dedication, absolute quality, (have I forgotten anything?),
that Adams could produce, with seemingly little effort. So it's easier to
put him down than it is to succumb to the fact that he could do something
that they couldn't. Insecure people look at things backwards.

Jim