Subject: Re: Roll call
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 23:27:56 -0500

Ted Grant
Canadian
68 in years -- 28 in mind! :)
married. 48 years

4 children:
No: 2 son far better photographer than his old man.
No: 2 daughter owns and operates her own stock sports photography agency

10 grand children: two old enough to be doing they're own picture taking.

No formal photography education. Learned by doing!
When not shooting and bitching, lectures on photography -- "as in picture
taking"  Yale, School  of Medicine, Kodak Canada, Leica USA, Community
colleges, camera clubs and professional associations.

Still have first camera ( Argus A2 35mm) my wife bought for my birthday 27
May 1950. And started my career  She has beeen sorry on several occaisions!
:)

First news photo with creditline, Ottawa Citizen:17 september '51

Working gear:

3 M6 and assortment of lenses.
3 R7's with motors
1 R8   "NO MOTOR!"  :)
Pile of R lenses: 15 to 400.

Fun cameras:
Minilux -- Leica mini -- Mini zoom.
Russian Contax lll copy and a Leica copy.
Couple of Leica cameras from 1932,also couple of 111 g's and f's
Leicaflex SL Mot.

4 published books: Montreal, the City; Joe Clark: The emerging Leader; Men
of the Saddle. Working Cowboys of Canada; This is Our Work. The Legacy of
Sir William Osler.

One of the "Day in the Life of Canada"  photographers.

Personal photographer for two Prime Ministers; Clark & Mulroney

Honourary Medical degree, USSR Academy of Medical Science, Moscow.

Love what I do and expect to do it until retirement: 17 September 2021.
that will be the 70th anniversary of first published picture and I'll still
only be 92. Go figure who loves what he does! :) Think positive!:)

Too many other parts, get the book version as a Christmas present 1998!:)

ted