Subject: Chatterton robbed
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 1997 21:12:50 -0500

I got a call from Don Chatterton this morning. His store was broken into.
They didn't get any cameras or lenses, they're in safes. But some of his
computers were stolen. He was calling to confirm my order from Thursday. So
if you have an order in with Chatterton, and it doesn't come in good time,
you might want to check with them.

Also turns out he is out of the Aspheric 35mm Summicron, as it the rest of
the country. Doesn't know when the next shipment from Germany will come in.
So I ordered the Summilux aspheric instead. I was ambivalent about not
getting a 1.4. The marketplace made up my mind for me! :-)

He also told me the 21mm 2.8 Aspheric should be available about January or
February if not sooner, and the price would be around $2195 - If Leica
sticks with the price they announced to dealers. That's next on my list!

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

Those who contemplate the beauty of the earth find reserves of strength
that will endure as long as life lasts.

Rachel Carson