Subject: Re: Film suggestions for dark party?
From: "Howard S. Greenberg" <hsgreen@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 18:14:28 -0400

Joe Berenbaum wrote:

> At 11:11 11/10/97 -0400, you wrote:
>
> >Best bet,  Tmax 3200 and Tmax developer at exactly what KODAK recommends
> >and you wont be dissappointed.  I'd be heavy duty use with the Noctilux
> >wide open or not more then 1 to 1 1/2 stops down. and you'll have pictures
> >the likes you have never had before.
> >Have no fear with the Summilux 1.4 wide open as it is an extremely fine
> >lens to work with under that type of light condition.
> >I realize you are about to receive 8 million film/developer combinations,
> >but I've shot this kind of stuff on paying assignments so my suggestion is
> >directly related to "if you screw-up you don't get paid"  and lets say I
> >was handsomely payed for the results. :)
> >And they made a great cllection of 11X14 prints.
> >ted
>
> Thanks Ted, and thanks to everyone who responded with advice and
> recommendations. My box of Tmax 3200 arrived this morning. I have a sense
> now of what my mission is!
>
> Joe Berenbaum
I've shot in extremely low light. I shot in a dark coffehouse with my
Noctilux (M-3/M6) with HP-5 rated at iso 400 and I did not, repeat, did
not underexpose! I used a Pentx digital spot to place the faces of the
poets on Zone VI. I developed in ID-11 for about 40-50% longer than the
published speed. I got excellent results. Once I obtain a scanner I'll
be sure to send you some of my images if you'd like. My spot meter
reading of the faces was EV3. I doubt, that unless you shoot in pitch
dark, you will not have a problem. BTW my exposure readings were 1/60 or
1/30 at F1. Hope this helps!