Subject: Re: Pretenders to the Throne
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 01:15:34 -0400

Shawn wrote:

<<<many admit that the R is not the definitive SLR experience to the
exclusion of all other cameras of its kind.>>>>>

Excuse me? I just wonder how much experience you have in using Leica gear,
both versions of bodies? And as for feeling the mystique or whatever it is,
sure there is a feeling, but it isn't any different M from R! You either
are a Leica camera photographer or you are not, there is no in between!

If you come close to my 40 plus years, then maybe we can discuss this
further, but if not, please keep your nonsense of <<the definitive SLR
experience to the exclusion of all other cameras of its kind>>>>>  to
yourself, as I'm beginning to find your diatribe a bit annoying, sir!

It is quite amazing this subject has skyrocketed to the extent that it has
and accomplishes nothing! It annoys because it is all symantics!

ted