Subject: Re: Shawn's got it - Really got it
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 01:15:33 -0400

Roger wrote:

<<If I grant you guys your "Leica experience" won't you grant me mine
with Rs? My God, Eric said it precisely, "eliteists all"!

What the hell is this push you guys have to define the best? Sounds
like the bloody Usenet.>>>>

Roger,

I find this whole topic off the wall and quite stupid for those who are
pushing this mythology of "Leica" being only the "M" camera.

As I posted earlier, I look at and use them, "BOTH" as tools of the trade
and have done so for many many years without any thought of being better
one to the other. They quite simply are the best tools in the world for
99.999999999% of my assignments, as far as I'm concerned.

This whole thing is an absolute non issue and not worth the air time being
wasted trouncing each other. Old Oscar Barnack must be either turning over
in his grave or laughing himself to a second death at this  ranting over
the symantics of a word and picture taking machines.

It's quite amazing how we can go along discussing photography and the
cameras  (plural) "Leica" for days, having interesting conversations and
wham in your face is the "Sunami wave" of silliness regarding the design
one to the other.

And it would appear that some of the "champions" of the "M" being the only
Leica, have never worked seriously with an R camera. They may have "played
with it" but not seriously for years or even months.

Oh well maybe some other thing will happen. That a Leica has been found on
the moon with alien finger prints carbon dated to the year 2000 BC and we
can have a new thing to get on with! :)

ted