Subject: Re: Eric's 3rd eye
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 1997 00:43:01 -0500

At 12:32 AM 10/15/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Eric - why are you purposely avoiding the point that the question of
>what is better is strictly a subjective thing and everyone is entitled to
>their likes & dislikes.  I personally like Mahler and you may like the

I am not ignoring the point, I'm disputing the claim that Leica R cameras
are not REAL Leicas. That's just plain foolishness.

Whether one likes them or not is a totally different point here. I like
them both. Others don't. I actually prefer the R system if I could only own
one camera system, but since I don't have to, I will eventually own both
again. Whether anyone else wants to, that's their business. But to make
claims that Leica R cameras are just marketing gimmicks is plain wrong. And
the way rumors spread on the internet, I'm sure the damage is already done.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.