Subject: [none]
From: BBAIN@imnet.com (BBAIN)
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 14:09:02 -0400

     A long-time RF user (first Canon, now Leica M3!) with a couple of
     questions:

     1. I see some folks reference a "Digest".  How does one subscribe to
     it?

     2. My M3 has a problem when used with my 35mm Summicron w/"eyes".  the
     RF image is off vertically when I use the 35mm, which makes it a real
     bear to focus!  This has just cropped up recently and doesn't show up
     with my other lenses that don't have eyes.  The 35mm was just CLA'ed
     by John Van Stelton and he said he aligned the "eyes."  Could it be a
     problem in the M3 finder itself?  the M3 is a double stroke, no PV
     model #736XXX.

     3. Has anybody ever used a lens longer than 135mm on the M3 without a
     Visoflex?  Perchance, I'm having to do a fair amount of sports
     shooting, and a 135mm isn't long enough.  Of course, Contax had the
     180mm "Olympic" Sonnar, so the idea isn't too far-fetched.  Has anyone
     ever used the 200mm Komura LSM with an M adapter and a finder, for
     example? It's either find one of those or get a SLR and I like my
     Leica too much for that!

     4. For a long time when I first switched to Leica from Canon, I used
     the Canon lenses with the M-adapters and replaced them with Leica
     lenses as I could afford them.  The 35mm f2 Canon, the 50mm f1.8 and
     1.4, and the 100mm f3.5 are wonderful lenses in their own right, and I
     still use the "black" 135mm f3.5 with the M adapter.  Their lenses
     have the same sort of "roundness" that I like in the Leica lenses I
     have now, but there is a difference in color rendition.  I still have
     a Canon 50mm f1.2 that's fun for "available light" and its lack of
     sharpness wide open makes it an interesting lens for informal
     portraits!

     Any help gratefully appreciated!

     Bill