Subject: Re[2]: Missing/ old Leica-Users List Digests
From: BBAIN@imnet.com (BBAIN)
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 1997 10:04:26 -0400

     I'm a new LUGger and i have a question or two:

     1. Is the LUG available in digest format?  This morning I had 200+
     separate emails!  I subscribe to the Alfa Digest (the other great
     passion of my life, after my family) and it's nice to get one email
     instead of 200!

     2. My M3 is also exhibiting "white streaks" across the top of prints
     on a somewhat random, but increasing frequency.  At first, it occurred
     most often with my 90mm Elmarit, but now I'm seeing it with all my
     lenses, which leads me to believe it's not the lenses, but something
     in the camera itself.  Does anybody have any recommenedations in the
     Atlanta, GA area, first, and failing that, how 'bout just generally?
     I can highly recommend John Van Stelton of Focal Point Camera in
     Colorado for lens work, for I had him CLA my 90mm and replace the iris
     blades, and CLA my 35mm Summincron w/"eyes".  He did nice work and a
     reasonable price.

     3. Is there a way to use a lens longer than 135mm on an M3, preferably
     w/o a visoflex?  My kids play soccer and 135 is just not long enough
     to cover the action on the other side of the pitch.  I recall that
     Komura(?) once made a 200mm in the screw mount, and that with a M
     adapter and a Tewe finder might be a possbility, although 200 is a bit
     long (180mm would be about the best).  Other than a SLR, does anybody
     have any suggestions?

     Thanx!