Subject: Re: The Leica Challenge Cup! Playoff!
From: ted grant <75501.3002@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 31 Aug 97 17:48:24 EDT

Dan CArdish wrote:

<<<I have been toying with the idea of preparing a set of photographs of a
similar subject (a model I may be photographing in a week or two)  taken with
three different 50mm lenses, the 50mm DR Summicron, the Minolta AF 50/1.4, and
the Nikon 50mm AI.  Maybe I will bring along my Leitz Summilux 50 as well.  I
will try to make 3 (or 4) identical 8x10 prints from them. The lighting will
likely be near sunset, so all of the pictures should have a nice "glow" about
them.  >>>>>>

Hi Dan,

Great idea!!!  <<<I would be willing to mail them to you, Ted, to give you the
"Leica Challenge".  Perhaps you could then forward them along to another
interested LUGer, who could add his/her own guesses as to which lens took which
picture. >>>>>

This adds another learning experience for all of us who wish to have a shot at
it. You number the prints and then we "e-mail private" to you our guess and
comments. Then each person mails the prints onto next inline with each in their
turn doing the same thing over a period of 8 weeks (?) or less depending how far
they had to travel.

You correlate the end results and what a surprise that will be! :)

Hell I hate being stupid! :) Certainly after all I've said. :) But it's a great
challenge and I'm in for sure! I guess we need some way of creating the "Leica
Challenge Cup!" list so each one can move it quickly to the next contestant. Any
efficient ideas folks?

OK Dan lets have a go at 'em! :)

ted