Subject: Re: Paparazzi &Princess Di
From: ted grant <75501.3002@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 31 Aug 97 22:01:49 EDT

Chuck wrote:

<<<What do some of the pros on the LUG think of the proposal to protect
celebrities from these vermin (who doubtless shoot with Leica - to keep us on
topic)?>>>>

Chuck,

what has to happen first is to shut down the rag trash magazines and TV tab
programmes. If they did not offer great sums of money for these guys to operate,
then they wouldn't be chasing the way they do.

There hasn't been a Hollywood celeb who has had to endure the attention that the
late Princess Diana had to put up with. The jackals worked her over mercessly
simply because there was so much money to be made from pictures of her.

Another unfortunate thing is, we "real photographers" are being pulled down
along with this pack of hyenas!  These guys are being called "photographers" and
that is a great shame for our reputation!  Hell they aren't photographers, they
are manipulators of a picture taking all auto everything box that captures an
image on light sensitive material.

They use flash all the time and just keep blasting away like hyenas feeding on a
carcass.

Now it appears 7 guys have been arrested and the police have confiscated the
film and will have it processed to see just what they were shooting and how
close they were working alongside the car.

Not only that, but the bastards started to shoot them in the car after the crash
without even trying to help, even though they were beyond help.
So now at the moment, 3 human beings dead, another probably on life support, and
one of these guys has affered the pictures for 1 million dollars. That is of
course if he gets them back from the French police. And the French police can be
the most mean assed mothers you can deal with if they get their dander up.

And the fact that two very high profile folks were killed on French soil in the
capital city of Paris, the cops and officials are going to come down with a big
heavy sledge hammer I'm sure. It certainly will be an interesting situation to
follow!

And I can assure you not one of these jackals would be using a Leica! They're
not smart enough to get past the P&S types of cameras!

ted