Subject: Re: Marc Riboud Show
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 1997 00:51:25 -0500

At 07:19 PM 8/30/97 -0400, you wrote:
>difference (but I can't seem to find them with my own negatives), but I
>stick to my original assertion, that the statement " 'dirty & scratched
>glass, dented rim' Leica offers better images than a Minolta" makes no
>sense, and is undemonstratable in practice

Yes, but there is a "look" to Leica pictures. I saw it in National
Geographic when Robert Magubane (whom I didn't know from Adam when I saw
the pictures) did an essay on South Africa. Given these are the best
engravers in the world, it's likely not to be so obvious in most magazines,
but the color rendition, and the modulation of tones have become familiar
to me. I know the look. Has nothing to do with sharpness. It's one reason I
bought Leica in the first place. What I saw, not what people told me I'd
see.

Eric Welch
Grants Pass, OR

 Stack Overflow: Too many pancakes