Subject: Re: M6 problems
From: Hans Pahlen <hans.pahlen@mark.komvux.se>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 1997 01:00:23 +0200

>Wich are those plastic parts ?

Claes B reported earlier on the LUG that his repairman, when fixing the
counter on his 6 months old M6, told him that some part(s??) was made of
plastic. If I remember correctly, the repairman made a remark about that,
as he compared with earlier M models.
But, I guess the only way to get the facts is to get these questions
answered by Leica or some independent repairman. I doubt though, that Leica
will admit any flaws.

(Another story are the early Nikon F5:s. A set of 8 fresh batterys gave 6
rolls, and then stop. Although my Nikon repairman in confidence admitted
the fault, and fixed my F5 in 2 days, he told me that he was not allowed to
talk about it. But the different batches had special codes inside the film
chamber, and that was the way he recognized my faulty camera over the
phone, without even testing it. The thing that made me real angry was that
Nikon expected the owners to figure out this flaw for themselves and then
contact the service centers, instead of the other way around. In some
countries the servicemen were very unwilling to fix the fault, saying that
"a camera with several processors needs a lot of juice". So, I was glad to
live in Sweden. I sent the info to the Nikon list, and some unhappy
F5-owners got happy again. But some of them had to get real mad, to get it
done. They got an answer like this: OK, OK, there is nothing wrong with
your camera, but we will adjust it then, to suit your individual needs. But
I wonder how many F5-owners there still are out there carrying photobags
full of spare batterys, beleiving that their camera should function like
that... After all, we are dealing with highly priced, professional cameras!)
/Hans
Mail: hans.pahlen@mark.komvux.se
Home: http://www.komvux.mark.se/hp635.htm