Subject: Brian Bower's book
From: n5xrd@juno.com (Richard W. Hemingway)
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 1997 05:57:46 CDT

LUGs,

I have re-read the short post I made last night to which I added a
rambling comment on  Brian's new Leica Reflex Photography book.  It was
merely a first impression and not meant either as a knock on the book or
a book review.

The lens section is short and I guess I was expecting a longer commentary
like in his M book. Howver, he does cover all the current lens, including
the new zooms and APOs.  The hit and miss comment was based on an
impression as I have only read about 1/3 of the book and paged through
the rest.  For instance on page 54 under Flashguns he mentions  that "the
R5 and R6 provide dedicated flash operation with TTL." No mention is made
of the R8, or even the R7!  However, later in Chapter 13 he does cover
electronic flash in some detail and includes the R7 and R8 (haven't read
it so far).

I like the book.  Like the M book it is exactly 152 pages long!!  It has
a lot of useful charts and information.

Dick

Richard Hemingway
Norman, OK