Subject: M6 problems
From: Hans Pahlen <hans.pahlen@mark.komvux.se>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 1997 12:22:13 +0200

As the majority of falults have been reported on recently purchased M6:s, I
think the logical conclusion is that Leica has made some interior design
changes, one or two years ago. The thing that comes to mind is the film
counter spring and plastic parts. Another explanation could be that parts
bought by Leica from other sources were of inferior quality, at least in
some recent production batches.

I am not able to compare the interiors of an old M6 with a late one, but it
sure would be interesting to check the film counter construction...

Regards, Hans (I own a 1987 M6)

><<What are you folks doing to your M6s? Mine has never had a problem, and
I whip
>it as hard as any camera I have owned.>>>>>
>
>g'evening Ben,.
>
>I'm with you!  I was just about to say the same thing. We all know  glitches
>happen in the bst of equipment, but I've had my M6's since they first came
out
>and hammered the daylights out of them for about 12 years and they have
served
>me well.  Hell they've never been serviced for anything, cleaning or
otherwise.

Mail: hans.pahlen@mark.komvux.se
Home: http://www.komvux.mark.se/hp635.htm