Subject: Re: What's Leica supposed to send Ted.
From: Leikon35@aol.com
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 1997 02:13:39 -0400 (EDT)

  Ted said:
<<
 It might be that there are a few with a camera having a problem and it is
just
 "one of those things", but by the sound of the wailing out there it looks
like
 eveybodies M6 is falling apart right in there hands!  And I don't beleive
the
 numbers of wrecks that appear to be happing are as big as it is being made
 sound.

>>****************************************************************************
*****
  Ted - I think we are just hearing more complaints than raves because that
 is the way of human nature - when things are working alright - we just take
 it for GRANTED & dont say anything.
  We are living in the plastic age where quality control is suffering and
there
  no longer seems to be pride in workmanship.  We see these lemons in
  automobiles, computers etc, but what I cant understand is why Leica hasnt
  recalled the M6 with the plastic exp. counter gear as it seems that if it
  hasnt already gone bad - it will sooner or later.  I never have heard of a
  camera manufacturer recalling an item; maybe because they dont consider
  a faulty frame counter as important as a defective air bag.

*