Subject: Re: Politics and Responsibility
From: Stephen <cameras@jetlink.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 12:36:14 -0700

Joel Tlumak wrote:

> I am stunned by the statements made that "politics has no place
> on the LUG."
>
> But the question here is whether
> discussion of that responsibility, political responsibility, is
> relevant to the LUG.  Obviously I believe it is relevant.
> PHOTOGRAHERS ARE NOT AMORAL, APOLITICAL
> ROBOTS WITH PHOTOGRAPHIC MOTHERBOARDS.

Interesting thoughts.

But if we depart from Leicas and using Leicas and delve into the
politics of the photog .................Why stop there??

What about the food they ate that day, the car they drove, the color of
clothes they wore, how long or short their hair is, do they have body
piercings, did they get laid the night before??

All of this stuff might have some obscure effect on the pics, but does
it have a place on a User's group that subscribed to share info about
using Leicas?     I don't think so, but that's just my opinion.  It's
like subscribing to a Photo Magazine and getting a Political Magazine
instead.

Stephen Gandy