Subject: Re: PRN 100
From: wilcox@umcc.umcc.umich.edu (Ken Wilcox)
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 20:27:34 -0400

>        I'd be curious to hear a little more about Kodak Pro 100:  how
>does it compare with Royal Gold 100?  What is the contrast like?  The
>resolution?  Why did you choose it?  Is sounds like a product that I
>should try.

Grain and sharpness appear slightly better with the PRN. (I shot part of a
roll of Royal 100 at the wedding when I ran out of the Pro 100.

I used it on the advice of my dealer. Since the wedding was outside, I was
concerned that I would have too much contrast and he suggested it. As it
turned out it was very overcast for MOST of the outside photos, but the sun
broke through on a few shots. Amazingly the contrast remained rather
constant in both types of light. Using flash the contrast was higher, but
not too high.

Cheers!

kw

- ----