Subject: Re: lens for IIIf
From: wilcox@umcc.umcc.umich.edu (Ken Wilcox)
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1997 12:28:23 -0400

I've nothing against the Summitar or Summicron. I own and use them both.
The original poster was looking for compact and light, and the Elmar beats
the above on both of the these issues.

I have a post war Elmar and a later Red Scale. The Red scale rivals the
Summicron and the other one is no slouch.

If you want a nice Summicron in LTM, find one with good cosmetics but with
the famous "cleaning marks" on the front. Buy it for a good price and then
ship it to John Van Stelton and have him recoat the front.

You're correct about the IIIf (or IIIg) seeming to be a P&S. I've had
people say "Hey, the flash didn't go off!"

Cheers!

kw

- ----
LHSA, MEA, LAW                         preferred---> <wilcox@umcc.umich.edu>