Subject: Re: Leica-Users List Digest V1 #605
From: Bert Keuken <b.k@pi.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 1997 22:42:48 +0200

At 23:49 17-8-97 -0700, you wrote:

>From: Stephen <cameras@jetlink.net>
>Date: Sat, 16 Aug 1997 23:40:18 -0700
>Subject: M6's Early Vs Late
>
>Today I purchased a very early M6, the 20th made.  If you are interested
>in the often obscure differences between this and a late M6, please
>visit my site at http://cameraquest.com/m6dif.htm

Hi Stephen!

Just read your comparison between an early and late M6. There's one thing I
think that's not correct.

You state the late M6 has the Top Plate Engraved "ERNST LEITZ WETZLAR
GMBH", I think it must be blank because it's a Solms M6.

I remember having seen a few M6's with a SS dial that was only milled
halfway (the top half), is it this present in your late M6? Mine doesn't
have such a SS dial.

My M6 (#1780525) is engraved on the back "LEICA CAMERA GMBH GERMANY" and
isn't the same as the late and early M6's you describe, my M6 is somewhere
in between.

Regards,
Bert Keuken
homepage: http://home.pi.net/~bertkeuk/home.html