Subject: Re: New M6 Commemorative
From: Paul Schliesser <paulsc@eos.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 97 15:10:16 -0400

>Just compare the top plate with the older M
>series cameras.  The old one is elegant while the new one is bare-assed
>naked!

>Leica has always lost out to the
>Hasselblad advertising because Hasselblad had the good sense to provide sharp
>photos while the Leica executives pumped out stuff even newsprint
>photographers would be ashamed to print.

Don,

I agree. I find it strange that the M6 top plate is "bare-assed naked"
and hangs out in the open, while the older bodies have beautiful
engravings which get hidden under a Leicameter. The first time I saw an
M6, it looked really odd to me because of the bare top plate.

Has anyone seen the Leica ad in the latest issue of Classic Camera? The
ad looks like it has been horribly over-sharpened digitally, and is at a
much lower resolution than it should be. Somebody either doesn't know how
to deal with digital images, or else the photo is being used much larger
than was intended. This picture would not induce me to run out and buy a
Leica.

- - Paul