Subject: DR Summicron/M6 survey
From: Paul Schliesser <paulsc@eos.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 97 14:45:45 -0400

Dear LUG,

A short time ago, there was a discussion about using DR Summicrons on M6
bodies, and whether they could be used with the eyes and with close
focusing.

The only reference I can find to when the lens changed, is that the
minimum close focusing distance was changed from 19 inches to 20 inches,
at serial number 2233899.

My DR Summicron works perfectly with my M6; my lens is considerably lower
than this number. The closest distance marked on the scale is 20 inches,
but there are two half-inch marks beyond this.

What I'd like to find out is if the 2233899 number is the dividing line
between lenses that function fully on an M6, and those which do not.

I'd appreciate it if DR/M6 users would privatly email me, let me know if
their lenses work in the close range on am M6, and what the approximate
serial number of the lens is. I'll post the results to the list. If you
do not have the eyes and do not know how to test the close focusing
ability without them, or if you don't recall the previous discussion
about this, email me privatly and I'll explain.

OTOH, if somebody already knows the answer, please let me know!

Thanks very much!

- - Paul