Subject: Re: What's Your Hit Rate?
From: bholmes@frii.com (Ben Holmes)
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 10:22:04 -0600 (MDT)

>>Interesting observation since I have not seen any famous photographers
>>proof sheets.

<snip>

Look at the Gene Smith books - there are a number of proof sheets in them.
It's interesting to look at others' proofs, it sort of tells a story that
isn't there in a single image.

>   Normally if I get 3 keepers per roll I am happy with the results.
>
>-GH

I have always held that if one goes out with a plan of what to shoot, he
comes back with more usable images. If I go out to just shoot what I find, I
get a hodge podge of results. If I go out to shoot a farmer cutting millet
or wheat, or some hobos down by the local quarry, I come back with those
pictures, and plenty of them. Focus.

BTW, just got back from CA this morning. Salgado was very nice. BIG, BIG
prints from 35mm negs. 24X36 and sharp as hell!

Regards,

Ben W. Holmes
Boulder, CO

Visit my web site at http://www.frii.com/~bholmes/