Subject: What's Your Hit Rate?
From: Richard Clompus <rclompus@voicenet.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 08:22:41 -0400

Alastair Firkin wrote:

<snip>when I see a famous photographers proof sheet and note the number of
"ordinary" shots from which the one was chosen, it makes my hit rate seem
more satifying.
<snip>

Interesting observation since I have not seen any famous photographers
proof sheets.  In my own case, when I go out shooting and use up about 3-5
rolls of 36 exposure film, I would be very happy to have at least one
really good or memorable frame per roll.  Sometimes I get lucky and have
four or five outstanding shots in a single roll.  My "hit" rate varies.
The more "awake" I am, the higher the number of good shots.  Technically
they are all good exposures but only a few warrant printing and exhibition.

I wonder if other photographers find the same thing.

Richard
Richard Clompus, OD
West Chester, PA, USA