Subject: Re: Anyone Using a Monopod?
From: wilcox@umcc.umcc.umich.edu (Ken Wilcox)
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 1997 13:31:24 -0400

I have and use a Bogan 3016 monopod which I have equiped with a an old ball
head of unknown manufacture and high quality. The Bogan was chosen
primarily because it is one of only a few I've seen that is tall enough for
me. (I'm 6'5") It is a three section and quite lightweight.

I don't use it at higher speeds but often do in very low light situations
and have found it very useful down to about 1/2 second with a 50mm lens.

I have also used it in normal light with 200 and 400 mm lenses and it helps
a lot there. 1/60 with a 400mm is usually pretty good.

kw

- ----
LHSA, MEA, LAW                         preferred---> <wilcox@umcc.umich.edu>
                                              <kwilcox@genesee.freenet.org>