Subject: Re: Motors, Winders, Handgrips, & Tripods
From: "Thomas J. Donovan" <75674.3465@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 09 Aug 97 16:27:19 EDT

Richard Hemingway,

   >>Mine also, ( sharp shots at lower shutter speeds ) which was one reason I<<
                      >>don't miss my M6 as much as I thought I might<<

No kidding, I've been taking my R8 out much more than my M6 for those reasons;
I really think Leica did some very quiet ( no pun intended ;~) re-engineering
relative to minimizing mirror slap at the lower shutter speeds.

                      >>Have you been shooting chromes in available light?<<

Yes, I've been using E100SW a lot; however, I just got some Fuji Astia & will be
using it very soon. The 100 speed gets me thru ( available light work ) fairly
well; it might be tough using K25 for me ;~)!

I work with my R8/90 Elmarit a lot & have been thinking about getting a R-80
f.14 lens to open up a few more limits. I'd consider the 90 f2 "cron" ( I've
worked with one in the past ); however, I'd like to get my hands on a R-80 f1.4
first. At this stage I'd like to try the Summilux before I buy one "sight
unseen".

Anyone out there with "impressions" of the Summilux 80 f1.4 relative to the 90
f2 "cron"? Richard, it's great to hear about your experiences with the R8,
bandwidth issues aside ;~); how are we going learn about the R8 w/o sharing
info!

Tom D.