Subject: Re: Lightmeters and Pools
From: FKemper@aol.com
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 1997 16:57:46 -0400 (EDT)

In einer eMail vom 08.08.97  00:39:18, schreiben Sie:

<< I don't think this kind of caricature is a way of keeping alive the Leica
 legend. On the contrary, very few photographers belive in such nonsense! We
 must not forget that Leica users are an exceedingly small group. I would
 never pretend that the overwhelming majority of photographers using
 "vunderplastick" are "spoiling all the fun of taking photos". I would
 rather think they might have more fun than all the snobbish M6 owners put
 together.

Very well said. I own a Minolta AF equipment and a M3. For me shooting with
the Minolta is purpose-driven, although mostly fun. Shooting with the M3 is
also fun, but it is not purpose-driven. I like to compare my Minoltas to a
station wagon which brings you from A to B without fuss, while my Leica is my
old english roadster, which gives me some excitement.

Frank