Subject: Re: M-135 differences
From: Paul Schliesser <paulsc@eos.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 97 18:29:59 -0400

>I'm not certain this is true:  the 135mm lenses have been big sellers for
>Leica for decades.  I believe it is more proper to say that the 135mm focal
>length isn't popular with those who WRITE about Leica, yrs trly being the
>exception.

Marc,

My comment was based on the fact that these seem to be so inexpensive
used. I had meant to say that you could find one in excellent shape for
_well under_ $600, which is pretty cheap for a recent-vintage Leica lens.
OTOH, users of other camera marques would be horrified at paying this
much for an f/4 135. The f/4 135mm (non-tele) Elmarit is even more of a
bargin.

- - Paul