Subject: Re[2]: M-135 differences
From: seungmin@luxmail.luxcom.com
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 97 14:04:10 PST

     Hi,

      I do have one 135 Tele-Elmar for sale.  It is Mint in bubble case for
     $515.  Please e-mail me privately.

     Regards,
     David
     seungmin@luxcom.com

Subject: Re: M-135 differences
Author:  leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us at Internetmail
Date:    8/6/97 4:29 PM

>Is the 135 4.0 hard to focus and frame?
>Is the 135 2.8 not as sharp or brilliant at corresponding f-stops as the
>135 4.0?

Robb,

The 135mm frame in the M6 is small, but useable. I have an older 135mm
f/4 Tele-Elmarit, which is the same lens as the current one, only with
different mount hardware. It is extremely sharp, even wide open. The
135mm focal length seems to be a somewhat unloved length for M users. If
you want to go with a used one, you can get the older 135 Tele-Elmarit
for around $600 in excellent shape.

An advantage of the older lens is that the lenshead is removable. This is
an incredible lens for closeups with a Visoflex. The newer lenshead is
not removeable.

- - Paul