Subject: Re: M6 and DR summicron
From: Paul Schliesser <paulsc@eos.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 97 18:15:39 -0400

>Tomorrow S. Khai Mong and I plan to meet and compare DR/M6 combinations.
>His has mounting/use restrictions and mine does not. I want to try his lens
>on my camera and mine on his. It will be interesting to see if this makes a
>difference or not.

My DR Summicron works fine on my recent Solms M6; the camera was
purchased this year. The Summicon is marked 5cm and is serial number
1579997. I had thought all DR Summicrons were the same. Maybe we can
figure out which ones are compatable with which cameras, if somebody
doesn't already know.

The eyes, close focusing and everything else work fine. I use this lens a
lot. I can't take if off of the camera if it's focused at a point just
past the tab, at the short end of the normal range; I'd actually never
noticed this before. If it's anywhere past the very bottom of the normal
range, it comes off with no problem. What happens (if I try to remove it
with the focus set near the tab) is that the "step" between the normal
and close focus cams on the back of the lens will catch on the focus
lever inside the body, and prevent the lens from being turned far enough
to release the bayonet.

- - Paul