Subject: Re: M6 sales idea
From: ted grant <75501.3002@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 04 Aug 97 16:19:06 EDT

Paul  quoted and replied:

>In addition to that, an electronic M6
>with aperture priority _and a shutter
>button activated AE lock_ would help
>things greatly, IMO.

PAUL response to the above::
Most of the wishes I see here for a new M body sound an awful lot like a
CLE.

Hi Paul,

I can never figure out why some of these folks want to change a perfectly
wonderful manually operated camera for a bunch of electronic bits and pieces,
wish list or not! When the M6 is so easy and comfortable to work with.

Hell if I was going to wish for something it would be practical!  As in the
camera will never never ever fail me -- not that mine ever have! But by the
sound of a few shooters in here they appear to be having more trouble than a
farmer with a herd of cows in heat and no bull for servicing!

Why in heavans name would the person who posted the above additions require them
in the first place?

<<<with aperture priority _and a shutter button activated AE lock_ would help
things greatly, IMO.>>>>

Now where would these things really be needed?

When you just have to make one tiny touch turn of the aperture ring inrelation
to the red leds and the exposure is locked!

It begins to look like some folks just don't want to do anything using their
fingers and brains to take pictures any more.  They want the camera to do all
their thinking for them and if they want all the BS bells and whistles, hell
there are any number of "dumbell no thought P&S cameras" on the market! So why
spend the money for a wonderfull camera like an M6, then wish a bunch of two bit
P&S simpleton elements to it!

Hey it's Monday morning, and it's no day to sound like a "Happy Camper" who just
won a pile of money! :)

ted