Subject: Re: The Leica R8 and moving up from Canon
From: ted grant <75501.3002@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 03 Aug 97 23:47:14 EDT

David wrote:

<< A *fixed* prism on a pro SLR has all the utility of an ash-tray on a
motorbike. I have four different finders for my Nikon F3s, and I use
them all.>>>

Hi Dave,

That's interesting as it never occured to me to change prisms. I guess simply
because I can't! :)

But I have changed the screens.

Why do you change the prism? I know the old Nikon f I had, I think it was, so
damn long ago now, you could take the prism off and I only did that when I
wanted to put the camera right on the ground or the edge of the swimming pool at
the Olympics or similar sports events.

What do they do differently and where would you use the different versions?

ted