Subject: Re: M6 sales idea
From: bholmes@frii.com (Ben Holmes)
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 1997 09:37:13 -0600 (MDT)

>>Any marketing guru's in the room who can explain how to increase M-system
>>sales in the US to, say, US$ 25 mio per year without masssive investment?

Marketing costs money, that being said...

Everyone loves photography, so Leica needs to appeal to people's love for
fine imagery. They should put an expanded version of the "Magic Moments"
show, along with high-end speakers on tour. Get people turned on to making
images, show them images made with the Leica M, let them hear romantic
lectures by renowned image makers, and they will buy. The legend sells the
camera, but people need to see and feel it to become hooked.

Who, after listening to Inge Morath speak for an hour, looking at one of her
slide shows, and handling a brand new M6, wouldn't feel the pull of Leica?
Anyway, I already have a job, so Leica will have to find someone else to put
this thing together. <G> Roger's retired, he could do it, so long as he
promises a show in Boulder.

,/8^|