Subject: Re: The Leica R8 delema
From: "Roger Beamon" <beamon@primenet.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 1997 08:25:57 -0700

On  3 Aug 97,  Pascal wrote:

<snip>

> 3=B0 A negative point: the focusing ring on my 28mm operates smoothly f=
rom
> the minimum distance up to 10m, but from 10m to infinity it becomes qui=
te
> hard. And as you have only to turn a small bit from 10m to infinity, th=
is
> is annoying, because it is difficult to focus precisely. On the other
> hand, because of the large depth-of-field, this is not always a big
> problem. But it should not happen on such expensive lens. My Nikon
> 28-50mm zoom was better on this point.

I know that you are not bashful, Pascal, but *this* would really bother=20
me! I'd get another couple of examples of the same lens in my hands, and=20
if, as I suspect, yours is atypical, it would be back in the dealer's=20
hands for replacement, not repair!=20
- --
Roger Beamon =20
       Naturalist & Photographer