Subject: Re: Wetzlar/Solms Quality
From: FKemper@aol.com
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 1997 19:00:02 -0400 (EDT)

In einer eMail vom 01.08.97  01:28:53, schreiben Sie:

<< He mentions that the move to Solms from Wetzlar
 (1988) coincided with a time when Leica lost many of its senior workers
 due to normal attrition. They all got old and retired at the same time, it
 seems. >>

Truth is in between, I think. When I visited Solms in 1995, about 2/3 of the
workers I spoke to were long time employees, which also had been with Leitz
in Wetzlar before. Of course there is sort of a fluctation in the 9 years
they are sitting in Solms by now, and of course there were people going away,
when Leitz became Leica. Butz in that area there are not so much other
opportunities if you are a skilled camera technician. Besides this the
Wetzlar facility actually is one of the old production plants. It is
outsourced, but still partly owned by Leica.

Frank