Subject: Re: Wetzlar/Solms Quality
From: Eric Meyer <74415.1305@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 01 Aug 97 11:54:23 EDT

To:  >INTERNET:Leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

>> As I wrote before - this is only an opinion & not worthy of an argument

Marvin,

     Excuse me, but you claimed that Solms M6s are inferior.  Who
manufactures the "Minilux" has little to do with it (esp. since
Leitz cooperated with Japanese makers too: CL,R3...).  What certain
"Japanese camera lovers" feel about who makes the Minilux has little
to do with anything.  Rumors, gossip, assumptions... but why are you
trying to justify this at all, if (as you say) it's merely an
unjustifiable personal preference?  That's confusing.

     By now this is definitely sounding like a matter of personal
whimsy rather than evidence.  Changes in staff, management, or
ownership at Leitz/Leica would make anybody curious.  But if this
romance of lost Wetzlar quality is based on experience with products
in the field, I'm waiting to hear it; otherwise it is of no interest
to me whatever.

              --  Eric Meyer