Subject: Re: Wetzlar/Solms Quality
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 13:44:04 -0700

At 01:15 PM 7/31/97 -0600, you wrote:

>>I am curious why you discontinued the serial #'s.  Seemed a good idea to
>>me.
>>
>>Stephen Gandy
>>
>I thought so too. Someone here complained that I wasn't managing my web site
>to their liking. What they failed to realize was that it was a gift of both
>my time and my money. I don't require folks to suck up to me, but when they
>whine about what I DO do, eh, well, it irks me.
>

>Ben W. Holmes
>Boulder, CO

Come on Ben... One person complained about your site management and you
fold. So if I complained that you don't manage your list responses very
well, will you quit the list??? I think NOT! But to let that one person get
the best of you is not the Ben we know. I don't own M equipment so the s/n
list is of no use to me, but I'll bet there's a lot of folk who could make
good use of it, and not complain in the process.

Jim

ps... this is not completely passive. I hope to buy a used M camera and
lens(s) some day and would like a list like that to be available. How about
passing it on to Hans Pahlen. He has a big M site.