Subject: Re: Opinions on cases
From: Paul Schliesser <paulsc@eos.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 97 21:12:54 -0400

>>> What other protective cases do you use?  I am looking for something to
>>> use on family trips where I just want to use a standard lens, pop a
>>> few rolls of film in my pocket and be free.  What I like to know is
>>> whether Leica's soft everready case is any more convenient than the
>>> hard one and whether a 50mm Summicron will fit in it.

There is a case mentioned in the Leica M Compendium (which I think is
made and sold by the author) which seems similar to some of the small
cases several people have described here. Unlike an everready case, the
camera simply slips into the case and a flap closes over the top, kind of
like an envelope. The straps stick out the sides. The camera does not
attach to the case. It's intended as a case for storage and transport to
protect the camera and lens.

- - Paul