Subject: The Ice Cream Man vs. An empty M6
From: bholmes@frii.com (Ben Holmes)
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 1997 19:01:40 -0600 (MDT)

I thank I just set a new world record for loading an M6, setting film speed,
chasing down the ice cream man, and getting the picture that I wanted, sort of.

We bought our house on a street with no kids, just OLD, OLD folks. The local
ice cream guy, you know - ding ding, dingy dingy, ding ding - that guy,
decided to troll down our block and lo and behold, my wife grabbed my son
and ran him out to buy his first dilly bar, or somesuch. I, in a post yard
work stupor, grabbed a 6, a roll of tri-x, and headed out to record the
event. At a full clip I managed to load the thing, set the film speed, and
then proceded to burn 15 or so frames of my son crying, terrified at what
must have seemed like an escape from a burning building. Not what I had in
mind, but the pictures are kind of cool - in an ironic sort of way.

Regards,

Ben W. Holmes
Boulder, CO

visit my web site at http://www.frii.com/~bholmes/
Leica serial numbers and Leica classifieds are no longer available
http://www.frii.com/~bholmes/photodat.htm