Subject: Re: Gibberish on the LUG
From: bholmes@frii.com (Ben Holmes)
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 1997 18:51:25 -0600 (MDT)

>On 26 Jul 97,  Chuck Warman wrote:
>
>> Hmm.  I've been lurking rather than bringing up my brand new Contax G2
>> (which replaced my CLE).  Does this mean it's a permissible topic?
>
>Sure, compare it to the M Leica!
>--
>Roger Beamon

Since you've brought it up...

How does that thing focus? Is it capable of manual, rangefinder focusing? Or
is it a guess knob type of thing? I know it has AF, but I've never been
entirely clear on the MF part.

I used a G1 that the local rep loaned me for a few days, and I'm not sure
how I feel about it. I used the AF mode all the time, and felt it had a bit
of a delay that I just couldn't get used to. Other than that it was okay. It
feels a lot tougher than it looks. Also, that death ray, laser beam, IR
thing seemed to draw a lot of attention when I used it.

Regards,

Ben W. Holmes
Boulder, CO

visit my web site at http://www.frii.com/~bholmes/
Leica serial numbers and Leica classifieds are no longer available
http://www.frii.com/~bholmes/photodat.htm