Subject: Re: M3DS
From: John Buford <jbuf@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 1997 17:24:28 -0400

Dear Hans:
	IMHO the only reason to think twice about about an M3DS for $350 is an
M6 for $400.  The M3DS is a fine work horse of a camera.  A precision
instrument.  The Mr meter will work properly, the meter is not click
stop, so it will just line up between the shutter speeds numbers etched
on the scale.  And still give you accurate readings, or you could just
find one of the older meters marked with the old style ahutter speeds.
I happen to prefer the M3DS because you do not have to remove the camera
from your eye to advance the film, (which ever eye you prefer to use).
And it has the an almost lifesize viewfinder (the largest in any Leica
Rangefinder) that allows you to shoot with both eyes open.  Yes Virignia
it is even larger than the M6J.  I can not think of any reason not to
buy a nice condition M3DS.  I have a fairly old one 1954 i think I love
this camera and i take it everywhere.  It is fitted with a Canon 50mm
F1.2 LTM, this is a good available darkness combination.

HTH
John