Subject: Re: DO NOT MISS THIS!!!
From: Shawn London <st942432@pip.cc.brandeis.edu>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 97 01:02:39 -0400

>     OK, you said you simply changed your mind.  You did not even give me
>     excuses at all.  You just said you would send the money order back
>     after about two weeks' silence.  It sounds like you change your mind
>     so many times.  You might want to think four or five times before you
>     decide to do something.

Look, it doesn't seem that anybody here is getting anything accomplished
by this amazing exposition of whining and complaining.  It just seems
that some people have unfair expectations when it comes to person to
person transactions over the net or otherwise.

When it comes to buying something used, the suggestion "let the buyer
beware" rings true as ever.  There are so many dishonest people out there
that if a sale falls though (misunderstandings DO happen) and you get
your money back, you should consider yourself lucky and the transaction
concluded.  I have never heard of anyone, either buying from an
individual or a dealer sending a money order without an assurance that
the merchandise was the buyer's anyway.
You don't send B&H a check to reserve a piece of used equipment without
calling them first... why should individuals expect anything different?
There are plenty of unscrupulous camera dealers who would gladly have
cashed the aforementioned money orders and given the customer the run
around for two months.  You need not look hard to find the horror
stories.

The bottom line is that the issue has been beaten to death.  The LUG is
not the place to air grievances.  If you have a bad experience which
might enlighten other buyers on the group, fine.  But if you really think
that you've been screwed by somebody, call a lawyer next time, rather
than whining to a bunch of people who can't help you anyway.