Subject: Re: M use
From: Shawn London <st942432@pip.cc.brandeis.edu>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 97 23:10:00 -0400

> I bought my first Leica M for a personal camera, just to carry around. Within
>2 months I had added a second lens, and found the Leica going to work more
>and the EOS staying at home. Now I have a complete Leica M kit and find it
>is my #1 work camera for 35mm film. In the last three months of heavy
>shooting I have only used my EOS 5 times, and always to mount a 300mm lens.
>
>The M is pecise and simple, and for the first time in 8 years I am not
>shoting with a camera that makes me say "If I could just have . . . "
>
>Tom

That is quite an interesting story.  What kind of work are you into?  I
have always felt that the need for SLRs is highly exaggerated for much of
the photographs they are used for.  Of course many people are avid fans
of first-class SLRs like the R8 (although there don't seem to be any on
the LUG), but using a camera like the M6 has really made me realize how
many extra features and dead weight are tacked onto SLRs like my EOS
gear.  The M6 is a study in how little assistance a talented photographer
needs to make great photos.  It has gotten me out of the bad habit of
relying on automation and reminded me of the beauty of photography as it
was meant to be.