Subject: Re: Elmarit or Summicron 90mm
From: Welch <Bill.Welch@pressroom.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 04:22:43 -0700

I'm a bit surprised at all the negative sentiment about the 90mm
Summicron expressed here. I've found mine to be a very nice performer.  I
wouldn't want to give up the extra stop.

I too found the 135 f/2.8 disappointing, but not for its optical
qualities. Mine was an early version, plenty sharp and contrasty. I got
rid of it because it was a pain to carry and didn't handle well. The 135
length just doesn't seem practical with the rangefinder. But it's not a
length I much care for with SLRs either.  The 135 Elmarit-M seems to be a
real dog on the used market. Not a lot of demand for them. My old one is
still on my dealer's shelf.

Bill