Subject: Re: Monovision contacts with Leica
From: Richard Clompus <rclompus@voicenet.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 12:27:36 -0400

Jim Zietz wrote:

<snip>I think I remember someone on the LUG list talking about using
monovision contact lenses with a camera. The detail I am trying to remember
is which lens is to be used with your viewing eye - the distance lens or
the close-up lens?
<snip>

The answer to this one is - you should always view through the camera
viewfinder with the distance eye.  The image in the viewfinder is usually
at optical infinty.  Some exposure information may be imaged at 2 meters
but this is still best viewed with the distance corrected eye.

Do I win a new 100mm Apo Elmarit lens now????

If your wife has any other questions, please feel free to email me.

Richard
Richard Clompus, OD
West Chester, PA, USA